CAA is currently interviewing for a full-time Building Inspector for one of our locations in CENTRAL WEST, FLORIDA.
Responsibilities include conducting field inspections of private structural, plumbing, mechanical and/or electrical installations, to ensure compliance with applicable codes, standards, and regulations. Issue notices to comply on violations; maintain records regarding inspection. Additionally, candidates must be experienced with reading plans and will be expected to assist at the counter.
The successful candidate will demonstrate the ability to provide building inspection in structural building inspection and/or residential combination inspection with additional experience in any of the following areas: electrical, plumbing, mechanical installations and/or inspections.
Florida building codes.
· Codes and ordinances related to disabled and public access.
· Principles and techniques of building inspection.
· Knowledge of building construction, materials and methods.
· Experience in building construction for commercial and residential buildings.
· Pertinent state and local laws, codes and regulations.
· Ability to provide excellent customer service.
· Ability to work and respect fellow employees and clients.
· Must have a minimum of 2 years as a Residential or Commercial Inspector or commensurate experience
· ICC Certification as a Residential and /or Commercial Inspector (Preferred, but not required)
Must possess and maintain a Standard Inspector License issued by the State of Florida, Department of Business and Professional Regulation in two or more of the following categories, structural, electrical, plumbing, mechanical, and/or One to Two Family Dwellings. Florida Licensed Architect or Engineer desired.
Salary Range: $30-$35.00.